In May we posted a blog article to help people determine if a career as an electrician would be a good fit for them. We got some great feedback from our readers and figured we would tackle the same question…
Ultrasound Technician/ Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Program at IBT
Diagnostic Sonographers, commonly known as Ultrasound Techs are skilled clinical technicians who perform ultrasound studies ordered by physicians in gathering sonographic data to diagnose a variety of conditions and diseases. The Ultrasound Technician performs the appropriate procedures and records anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data as well as the sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure.
What Does an Ultrasound Technician/ Diagnostic Medical Sonographer do?
- Verify patient history and health status
- Evaluate tests and images relating to a patient’s condition
- Communicate with patients and physicians as needed
- Consulting with medical professionals on patient status
- Operate ultrasound equipment, recording and analyzing findings in real time during the exam, and communicating finding with interpreting and referring physicians
- And more!
Ultrasound Technicians are able to work in a variety of environments and can vary based on specialty. In general, the majority of technicians will work in general medical and surgical hospitals, physicians offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories and outpatient care centers.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH IBT!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the IBT "Career Training Readiness Quiz"
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Like IBT Tech on Facebook!